- Coffin selection – whether a veneered or solid option is chosen or a combination of both
- Burial or cremation
- Use of our Funeral Home
- Types of flowers and music to name just a few.
- Coffin Choice
- Funeral Directors Fee
- Third Party Payments
- Coffin Choice (please see our full range of Coffins here)
- Funeral Director’s professional service Fee
please see our full range of Coffins here
At our initial meeting, we will discuss the choice of burial or cremation, liaise with medical personnel involved to arrange the completion of the death notification form. Removal of remains from the place of death to our funeral home where embalming, preparation, dressing, and presentation of the deceased occurs. Viewing of remains at the funeral home and/or return to the family home, or a chapel of rest at a nursing home will be discussed and agreed with the family. We will confirm our attendance, overseeing and officiating during the course of the funeral proceedings as well as any additional requests by the family. Typically all duties carried out by Kieran Bros. Funeral Care are listed below. If there is anything not listed below which you would like to be included as part of the funeral arrangements please feel free to contact us and we can discuss your requests during a personal and private meeting
- Liaising/confirming details with clergy, churches, cemeteries, crematoria, as required.
- Caring for, prepare and dress the deceased, as per the family’s wishes.
- Assisting in the selection of a coffin or casket from our extensive range.
- Assisting in preparing and inserting death notices for publication.
- Arranging for the use of our funeral home as an alternative to your private residence.
- Organising the purchase and/or opening of a grave plot.
- Provision of funeral vehicles where required.
- Arranging a selection of floral tributes.
- Assisting with music and hymn selection by putting you in contact with local choirs/musicians.
- Arranging for the production of mass booklets/service sheets when requested.
- Providing condolence books for signing at the funeral home, residence, church/crematorium.
- Arranging for the use of our Funeral Home as an alternative to a private residence.
Our Funeral Home is available for those who wish to hold the wake period for the deceased as required. Included in our flat fee of €250 is the use of all our facilities including;
- Off street parking.
- Full use of our kitchen facilities.
- Public address system for playing music.
- Private Family room.
The range of charges/fees is currently as follows:
- Grave Purchase for a single plot and opening from €500.
- Cremation Fees; from €650
- Newspaper Announcements; from €230
- Flowers; from €59
- Church donation to cover Organist & Choir from €350
Thus, monies paid out by the funeral director at the time of the funeral could range from €1,000 to €3000.
Combining the funeral directors’ charges and the payments to third parties the cost of a traditional funeral in Kingscourt and surrounding area can range from €2,300 to €5,000.
A funeral with a coffin from our Standard selection could cost upwards of €2300.
A funeral with a coffin from our Superior selection could cost from €3500.
A funeral with a coffin from our Premium selection could cost from €4000.