One of the roles as a funeral directors is to help you understand how much a funeral costs, explaining everything from our funeral director costs to the payments that we make on your behalf, making it as clear as possible to help you make an informed choice on which funeral will be right for you.
The cost of a funeral depends on the choices you make and where the funeral is to be conducted.
The entire cost of a funeral is made up of the following:
1) Funeral Directors Costs
These relate to the services and materials provided by Kieran Bros. and there are usually three parts to this charge
- Funeral Service & Cost Guide, Use of Hearse and Ceremony Attendance
At our initial meeting we will discuss the choice of burial or cremation, liaise with medical personnel involved to arrange the completion of the death notification form. Removal of remains from the place of death to our funeral home where embalming, preparation, dressing and presentation of the deceased occurs. Viewing of remains at the funeral home and/or return to the family home, or a chapel of rest at a nursing home will be discussed and agreed with family. We will confirm our attendance, overseeing and officiating during the course of the funeral proceedings as well as any additional requests by the family . Typically all duties carried out by Kieran Bros. Funeral Care are listed below. If there is anything not listed below which you would like to be included as part of the funeral arrangements please feel free to contact us and we can discuss your requests during a personal and private meeting
- Liaising/confirming details with clergy, churches, cemeteries, crematoria, as required.
- Caring for, prepare and dress the deceased, as per the family’s wishes.
- Assisting in the selection of a coffin or casket from our extensive range.
- Assisting in preparing and inserting death notices for publication.
- Arranging for the use of our funeral home as an alternative to your private residence.
- Organising the purchase and/or opening of a grave plot.
- Provision of funeral vehicles where required.
- Arranging a selection of floral tributes.
- Assisting with music and hymn selection by putting you in contact with local choirs/musicians.
- Arranging for the production of mass booklets/service sheets when requested.
- Providing condolence books for signing at the funeral home, residence, church/crematorium.
- Arranging for the use of our Funeral Home as an alternative to a private residence.
3) Additional Services Requested. For example, the use of our funeral home.
4) Third Party Costs
These relate to costs incurred as part of the agreed funeral arrangements. We pay third party costs on your behalf and then include those costs on the final bill and are only ever costs incurred with your prior approval. These include items like the purchase of a grave, grave opening, cremation charges, church fees, funeral notices, flowers, organist and other musicians, soloist, funeral stationery etc.
The range of charges/fees is currently as follows:
- Grave Purchase for a single plot and opening from €500.
- Cremation Fees; from €650
- Newspaper Announcements; from €230
- Flowers; from €59
- Church donation to cover Organist & Choir from €350
Thus, monies paid out by the funeral director at the time of the funeral could range from €1,000 to €3000.
Combining the funeral directors’ charges and the payments to third parties the cost of a traditional funeral in Kingscourt and surrounding area can range from €2,300 to €5,000.